This is an experimental story. I'm testing it out to see how I write in a different style and genre. You may or may not like it. I'm writing this for fun. Comment if you like. I know you are wondering about Black Rose and when I find the flash-drive, I'll continue writing and posting. I'll let you know when that happens though.
I have never been normal. Well, normal according to the definition of most people's. Normal to me is boring. I'm not boring. I don't plan to be boring. I like to have fun, when there is time for fun. Lately, my definition of fun has been altered majorly. You see, recently I discovered that I have special powers that can make me do these really cool tricks and that I can ride dragons.
Maybe I should slow down. You don't believe me right now, do you? It's true, though. When I was seventeen, a strange man came to me and said, "Young woman, you are my Apprentice." And things just sort of happened from there.
Okay, maybe I should tell the whole story before I throw all of this at you. It's getting difficult to swallow, I know. Alright, well, this is my story from the beginning. Believe or not, but this is the truth...
It's raining again today. The sun never shines here. For me, being from Florida, that's irritating. I groan when I wake up and roll over onto my stomach wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep. But of course, I must go to school and get my education even though I'm not really planning on doing anything with it. My parents never went to college and are just fine. We aren't rich nor are we poor. We can afford the necessities and that's fine with me, that's all we need.
I get up and make my way to the bathroom for my shower, considering that I smell like rotten cabbage. You ever smelled rotten cabbage? It is not a pleasant scent.
And so, I clean myself and get ready for school. I throw on the first pair of jeans that smell decent and the first t-shirt that doesn't appear to have many stains. I throw my air into a ponytail and pack my backpack. I grab a muffin and a bottle of water then go to the school bus stop. Another thing I hate is riding the bus. The people that ride are too much like me: trailer trash. I hate being around people like that. I can't explain why but I don't like seeing a reflection of myself on every single person on this bus. I don't live in the greatest of neighborhoods nor do I go to a fantastic high school. I live in what people would call the "wrong side of the tracks". Well, if this is the wrong side then heaven help me find the right side. This is all I've known for my entire life but it doesn't make it better than what it is.
To be quite frank, school is a pain in the rear. But I have to at least graduate high school. That's a requirement from my parents, pretty much the only one I have. The rules of my house are as follows: Get grades that will let me graduate. Get a job when I'm 18. Come home by midnight and don't drive drunk. That's pretty much it. I don't drink much anyhow because I think it's barbaric the one some people in my neighborhood drink more than a liquor store has.
So anyhow, I get to school and it begins the strangest day of my life, except the day when the wacko comes to tell me that I'm his Apprentice.
Everything posted on this blog is ficticious and is not intentially related to any real life events unless otherwise posted.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Flames of the Cold Fire-Part 1
Posted by beav at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment