The feeling seems to go away as quickly as it came but my hands are still glowing and sparkling. I go into my house and plop down on the couch studying myself wondering what is happening and if I'll find out sometime soon.
"Gen, is that you?" asks my mom from the kitchen.
"Yupp. What's up?" I respond.
"Can you come in here and help me with this stupid soup. The directions are on the can but apparently, there's more to it than that."
I shake my head and stand up then stop, remembering that I'm glowing. I could just imagine my response to my mom when she asks. "Oh don't worry Mom, it's just radioactivity in the atmosphere that affects teens now. Don't worry about it." I almost laugh out loud at the absurd response.
"Actually Mom, I can't right now. Sorry. Lots of homework." I say then disappear into my room. Any moment, I know she'll come in. I never do my homework, at least not willingly.As soon as I close the door, the feeling returns...the feeling of lead being in the pit of my stomach. God, what is this and when will it go away? Not that I necessarily want it to go away because it does feel amazing, although strange at the same time. I decide to just go to sleep hoping that I'll just sleep this off and when I wake up, I'll be somewhat back to normal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
When I wake up, I feel more exhausted than I did before I went to sleep. It almost hurts to open my eyes. All I want is to go back to sleep.
"It's normal, you know."
My eyes fly open to see a man in a black cloak standing in front of my door. I scream and jump out of bed.
"Who are you?!" I exclaim, raising my fists as if I'm going to fight him.
He laughs then crosses his arms. "I am Balthasar. Master of flight, the elements, and dragon training."
I stare at him blankly. He laughs again.
"Maybe I should slow down a bit. Genevieve, I am Balthasar. How are you today?"
"Ugh, hold it right there. Call me Gen, please." I tell him.
"It is your given name, isn't it?"
"Yeah, so? I hate it."
"It was meant to be your name. It's a great and powerful name for a woman. You will do great things under that name."
"Oh please. Okay, hold up again. Why are you in my room? What's going on here? How'd you get in? Who are you again?"
"I am Balthasar, Genevieve. Young woman, you are my Apprentice. Come now, we must begin training immediately."
"Training for what? Did my mom send you here to get me to be a cheerleader? I'm not the typical girl and she's always trying to push me more towards feminine stuff that I hate and--"
"Believe me, I know you are not a typical young woman. The things you will be doing will not be feminine, I can assure you of that much. You will learn great things from me, Genevieve."
"You're going to keep calling me that, aren't you?"
"Yes, it is your given name and that is what I wish to call you."
"Fine let's go, psycho boy. Let's start this training you speak of."
He studies me for a moment as I throw on my shoes.
"You will come so easily with a stranger?" he asks me.
"Yupp. I'm not quite that intelligent but hey, life's an adventure right?"
"Lesson number one of your training today. You meet up with anyone else that you don't know or recognize besides me, do not speak to them unless they can give you the password."
"Password?"
"Yes, the password that all of us have to make sure we on the same side. It's butchered sheep, by the way."
"Butchered sheep? That's weird, I'm not going to lie."
"Yes, well, let us go now. Remember that lesson. It's vital to not only your safety, but the safety of everyone around you as well."
"Right Baldazar, let's get out of here."
Everything posted on this blog is ficticious and is not intentially related to any real life events unless otherwise posted.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Flames of the Cold Fire-Part 4
Posted by beav at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment